Check out our SILVER PRIDE BLOG here. 

Through funding made possible by the Borchard Foundation Center on Law & Aging, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Silver Pride Partnership, offering free civil legal services to meet the needs of the older LGBTQ+ community. Find our brochure here.

The following services will be available to those who self-identify as LGBTQ+, are age 50 and older, and meet income restriction guidelines:

Advanced Planning, including Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy, Simple Wills

Name Changes

Gender Marker Changes

Discrimination Claims (in a case-by-case basis), including:

  • Employment Discrimination Claims
  • Housing Discrimination Claims

Long Term Care Resident Advocacy in Partnership with the Regional Ombudsman Program

Legal Health “Check-Ups”

For questions or to discuss potential representation, please contact Staff Attorney Christopher Phillips at (716) 853-3087 x283;

Watch the video below to learn about Leveraging Health Insurance to Achieve Equity LGBT Adults, and view the powerpoint presentation here. 

Watch the video below for the presentation on name change and other common legal issues for LGBTQ Youth.

Watch the video below to learn about Advance Planning Documents for LGBT Adults, and view the powerpoint presentation here. 

Two happy positive women, female friends standing outdoors office after work. Couple in love hugging, holding each other. Mature senior ladies. LGBT community, lesbian, homosexual, business concept






Most of the people we serve are in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.  However, upon being appointed guardian, we do an assessment to determine whether the person is able to live in the community. It is our goal to ensure that the people we serve are in the appropriate placement, depending on their needs, desires, and functional abilities.

I want to become guardian of my parent, will you help me do that?

No. Our office does not help people become guardian of other individuals. We only serve as guardian when appointed by the court or represent people in defense of a guardianship proceeding. You can contact an attorney from the private bar to assist you with determining your options.

I do not think that i need a guardian. Will you help me contest a guardianship appointment?

Yes, our office provides representation for persons who are the subject of a Guardianship proceeding.  You can contact our general intake line at 716-853-3087 so that we may intake your case.

Request Assistance

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.