Mobile Legal Unit
CELJ’s mobile legal unit is a team of experienced attorneys and paralegals that travel throughout Western New York to provide “done in a day” legal assistance, as well as information about our organization. Typically, our mobile legal unit events take place at a local community center, senior center/nutrition site, or public library. Some examples of matters that our mobile legal unit can assist with include:
* Debt harassment and/or consumer billing concerns;
* Obtaining and/or reviewing credit reports;
* Health Care Proxy/Living Will Statement;
* Tenants’ rights;
* New Americans and Immigration;
* Kinship care;
* Mortgage and tax foreclosure;
* Questions regarding open enrollment, Medicaid & Medicare;
* Reviewing medical bills; and
* Financial exploitation and elder abuse.
We will also provide legal health check-ups to anyone over the age of 60. Just like receiving a yearly physical from your doctor, it is important to take preventative measures to identify any legal issues before they become an emergency.