Mobile Legal Unit - Now Virtual!
The Center for Elder Law & Justice is here for our community during COVID-19!
We are now offering FREE Virtual Mobile Legal Unit Events.
Host the Mobile Legal Unit for your community members while allowing them to stay safe in the comfort of their homes. During your Virtual MLU event, attendees can call a dedicated toll-free number and be paired with an attorney or paralegal from our office. Issues we can assist with include:
* Debt harassment and/or consumer billing concerns;
* Obtaining and/or reviewing credit reports;
* Health Care Proxy/Living Will Statement;
* Tenants’ rights;
* New Americans and Immigration;
* Kinship care;
* Mortgage and tax foreclosure;
* Questions regarding open enrollment, Medicaid & Medicare;
* Reviewing medical bills; and
* Financial exploitation and elder abuse.
We also provide legal health check-ups to anyone over the age of 60. Just like receiving a yearly physical from your doctor, it is important to take preventative measures to identify any legal issues before they become an emergency.
Please call Erin Riker at (716) 853-3087, ext. 249 to schedule an event, or complete the request form here.