Mobile Legal Unit
CELJ’s mobile legal unit is a team of experienced attorneys and paralegals that travel throughout Western New York to provide “done in a day” legal assistance, as well as information about our organization. Typically, our mobile legal unit events take place at a local community center, senior center/nutrition site, or public library. Some examples of matters that our mobile legal unit can assist with include:
* Debt harassment and/or consumer billing concerns;
* Obtaining and/or reviewing credit reports;
* Health Care Proxy/Living Will Statement;
* Tenants’ rights;
* New Americans and Immigration;
* Kinship care;
* Mortgage and tax foreclosure;
* Questions regarding open enrollment, Medicaid & Medicare;
* Reviewing medical bills; and
* Financial exploitation and elder abuse.
We will also provide legal health check-ups to anyone over the age of 60. Just like receiving a yearly physical from your doctor, it is important to take preventative measures to identify any legal issues before they become an emergency.
Still have questions? Please do not hesitate to contact Molly White at firstname.lastname@example.org or Melissa Woods, email@example.com .