- This event has passed.
CELJ Risk Detector Spring Training for Chautauqua County non-legal service providers
April 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am EDT
Do you work with older adults, or does your work cause you to come into contact with older adults on a regular basis? If so, CELJ invites you to attend a training on the Legal Risk Detector, a legal health check-up tool designed to be used by social workers, medical personnel and other allied professionals to screen a senior for risks of common legal problems.
Why Should You Consider Using the Risk Detector? The Risk Detector has many benefits:
· ]it identifies legal issues that your client may not realize he or she is facing;
· it provides the non-legal professional with an assessment report that categorizes the client’s risk as “low,” “medium,” or “high,” as well as identifying red flag issues;
· it provides a detailed referral to CELJ for prompt follow-up and action;
· it prevents your clients from developing additional legal or medical problems; and
· it fosters an important, ongoing referral relationship between your organization and CELJ.
Why Attend a Training? While the Risk Detector is easy to use and can be accessed from any portable electronic device with internet connection, our basic training will help maximize the quality and effectiveness of the referrals we receive by demonstrating the kind of questions that are asked, and how the answers can reveal a client’s risk for common legal problems.