Thanks to the Erie County Department of Social Services, the Center for Elder Law & Justice is leading a COVID-19 Scams Taskforce to serve as a hub for information and resources related to fraudulent activities surrounding the health pandemic. Please contact us at (716) 853-3087 for more information, to report a scam, or to schedule a presentation.
- Federal Trade Commission: “Four Ways to Stay Ahead of COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate Scammers”
- Federal Trade Commission: “How to Avoid COVID-19 Vaccine Scams”
- Federal Trade Commission: “Contact Tracing Call? 5 Things to Know”
- COVID-19 Task Force: "Know the Scam to Stop the Scam!"
- Federal Trade Commission: "FTC names 25 sellers who must stop making unsubstantiated COVID treatment claims"
- Federal Trade Commission: “How to Avoid Buying Fake COVID Tests Online”
- Better Business Bureau: “BBB Scam Alert: Want a COVID-19 Test? There’s a Scam For That”
- Federal Trade Commission: “Spot the Pandemic Scam: Emergency Broadband Program Impersonators”
- Better Business Bureau: “BBB Tip: Don’t share your COVID-19 vaccine card on social media”
- Better Business Bureau: “BBB Scam Alert: Preparing for mask mandates? Watch out for online cons”
The Latest Scams