Two Year, Full Time, Contract Assignment (partial benefits offered)
The Center for Elder Law & Justice, Inc. (“CELJ”) is seeking to fill an exciting new position for a Dynamic Attorney with a technological background.
- Development & Expansion of our Legal Risk Detection application software
- The Legal Risk Detector, is a web-based legal health “check-up” tool that allows medical personnel, social workers and other allied professionals to screen older adults for common legal issues, including abuse and financial exploitation, and refer to them legal services
- Strong focus on training development and implementation
- Extensive local and national travel is required
- Elder Law and Surrogate’s Court case handling
- Admitted to practice in NYS
- 1-5 years of experience, previous experience in Elder Abuse prevention or Surrogate’s Court, preferred
- Comfortable speaking and engaging publicly
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Previous experience, or an interest in, legal technology and service models, preferred
- Strong, professional, verbal and written communication skills
Email cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager, Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.