The Center for Elder Law & Justice, Inc. (“CELJ”) is seeking a dynamic Pro Bono & Community Engagement Coordinator. CELJ is a 49 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
About the Position:
The Pro Bono & Community Engagement Coordinator plays a pivotal role in helping us to nurture relationships and properly steward our donors, as well as, coordinates and facilitates pro bono work by local attorneys and law firms. This full time position reports to the Director of Development.
- Attend Development meetings, document next steps and strategies, and help the team stay on-task to develop new and creative approaches to communicate with our donors
- Create and update donor records on database
- Run regular reports from database to identify giving patterns, etc.
- Maintain Development project plan timelines
- Assist in all Development outreach
- Build relationships with, recruit, train and support pro bono attorneys
- Some case handling
- Train/supervise student and community intern/volunteer program
- Travel will be required
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including events that may take place nights/evenings
- Admitted to practice in NYS
- Legal services background, or knowledge of general civil legal work, helpful
- Outstanding professional, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable and engaging public speaker
- Outstanding and proven attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in understanding/implementation of social media and digital communication
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in organizing and prioritizing projects
- Ideal candidates will also have an affinity for Marketing, promotions, social media and events to assist, as-needed, the Director of Development in various tasks, including printed and digital publications
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Payment of license fees and association dues
- Encouragement of professional development
Send cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls please.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.